A few months ago, my cousin Devon Diller, 5th grader, & her best friend Sophia, decided to put on a Bike Memorial to honor her mom, who passed away January 29th, 2010 after battling Breast Cancer. Tricia would have loved it - her friends & family together in the outdoors.
With the guidance of a few of the Woodside moms, Devon designed the T-shirts, put together the prizes, the baked goods, made an announcement at her school, & more! Devon is an event planner in the making and did an incredible job!
Over $15,000 dollars was raised for Tricia's Foundation, 200 plus people came out to ride including our family & other people who knew Tricia in the community, & the weather could not have been better! Nana even made our family pink scarves so that we would all stand out. What a great day to celebrate Tricia's life together!
Things that I took away on a personal level:
1. I want to take up road biking.
2. Biking hurts your "Patootie" as Pattie Cox would call it (aka Bootie).
3. Need to get in shape asap - that ride should not have rocked me like it did :)
4. It is hard to believe that we are coming up on a year without Tricia - I miss her!












well its about time you posted. and wow! i had no idea that devin is following in your tracks as an event planner! how great this looks! and what a success.
ReplyDeleteLove this. And I am THRILLED absolutely thrilled that you want to start road biking. I think I told you Adam and I do? And I love love it. But rarely have other gals to ride with. Why have we not discussed this? This conversation is far too long for a comment... can we bike together?! Maybe in Nov?!! I miss you.
ReplyDelete